Changing Headlight units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2000 EB Expedition and I'm thinking about changing the headlight units as none of the lens polishing systems I've tried really work very well.
How hard is it to change these units? Does the whole front cap and grille need to be removed ? like to change them but don't want to pull half the nose apart to do it. Rich [email protected]

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They actually come out really easy. Lift the hood and look directly down on the top of the headlight, you will see two black pieces of metal with a little bit of a handle on them. Grab both at the same time and pull up while wigling them ( they will not come all the way out but will come up almost an inch or so ) once you have pulled those up grab the headlight and pull it out ( some times you will have to wigle it as well and may have to hold one of the black bars in the up position ) unhook the wires and your done. Alot of the aftermarket and OEM lights come with the adjusters but I still like to change my old adjusters over to the new lights because aiming these lights is a pain in the A** or at least put the new adjusters in almost the same place if possible. To reinstall just hook up the wires slide it in place ( make sure all of the adjusters slide into there grooves ) and push the two black bars back down. Your done. If you want to remove the signal/marker light there is 1 ( I belive 8mm ) screw on the top, remove that and slide it out.

OP
OP
FI-62

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lights

It sounds easy enough, before taking pictures let me run out and try it. Rich

OP
OP
FI-62

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fuel filter

One more question, where is the fuel filter located on the 2000 with a 5.4? Also why does everyone complain about changing them? Hard to get at? Special tool needed? Rich

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuel filter is on drivers side infront of rear wheel... Need a special tool for it... They are kinda a pain but not too bad... Can get the tool at most parts store for like 5 to 10 bux....

OP
OP
FI-62

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Headlights

I changed the headlights yesterday. Very easy to do and a big improvement.
The best part is I only paid $20.00 each for the units including new bulbs. I got them at Rock Auto if any forum members want to do it. Rich

bggunnz

Reaction score
Does anyone make a glass replacement for the headlight units or are we just stuck with the plastic?