Charging system new alt an battery an right fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have new alt even though old bench tested good new battery new fuse box because of fuel prob an it is the right model fuse box still no charging from alt I have not seen any clear answers on fixing this

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have not seen any clear answers on fixing this
VOLTAGE DROP TEST to make sure all cables and connections are good.

There is a thread on the fuse box fuel problem at the top of 2nd gen section (in sticky section) that has all the correct part numbers.

Also you should list year,trim,engine when posting. (you can also put in your signature so you don't have to put in every post)

Welcome to the forum

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I have yet to find solution only getting about 6.7 volts out of prong on alt plug new alt the old one was doing same I unplug it no change in volts to the battery

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have yet to find solution only getting about 6.7 volts out of prong on alt plug new alt the old one was doing same I unplug it no change in volts to the battery
Voltage Drop Test is testing the connections without having to take them apart and you can work your way right to the problem.
So you have a digital volt meter($15@walmart) and you put the red on the positive battery post and the black on the negative post you will get how many volts your battery is putting out. (12.v)
now that you know your digital volt meter is on and working,

The goal is to read 0 volts.(means all good connections) the more volts you read the worse the connection. (Ex 1.5v it's a little dirty all the way to 11.3v means almost no connection.)

(notice i dont say black and red colors here, that is because it doesnt matter what colors where)

Put one wire on negative post then put the other wire on the clamp that is on the negative post. If you read any volts at all those volts are being lost in the connection from the post to the clamp. (Ex if you read 1.5v you need to clean the battery terminal). put back together and move on to the next connection on the wire and one still on the battery post.
This can be done on both positive and negative sides the exact same way.

Look up (Voltage Drop Test) You tube vids get a little techy but my explanation should help a little.