Check backup aid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Parking sensors

Easiest way to check it is to listen to it. The part that goes most often is the sensor in the bumper itself. The other main part is located behind the drivers side C-Pillar. When I say listen to it, seriously, you set the parking brake, put the ignition into the run position but DO NOT start it. Then you put your car in reverse and put your ear close to the sensor, it should make a slight clicking sound. If it does not, that is the bad sensor. My 04' has 4 sensors but I'm sure the 2 sensor system would be the same. I purchased my sensor on ebay for $13 with free shipping.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine only has 2? Its a 2003 5.4 4x4 eddie bauer

There should be NO paint on the two visible sensor discs. If there is, someone did a crap job of repainting the rear bumper (for what reason ?). Take something and clean the paint off. Then do as previously posted and put the truck in reverse to arm the sensors and go to the back and listen to them. You can put your hand over the visible discs one at a time and see if they trigger. If they work correctly it's probably the hidden center sensor giving you the error.

-Mike

DRS1

Reaction score
Mine only has 2? Its a 2003 5.4 4x4 eddie bauer

Ditto... I guess that means we both have a radar sensor in the middle?

Genesis 2012 TAU 5.0
Sent from my iPhone using Tap..

DRS1

Reaction score
How is the corrosion by the handle on the hatch?

Genesis 2012 TAU 5.0
Sent from my iPhone using Tap..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69