Cigar lighter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thepatriot76

Reaction score
Question?
My 03 EX didn't have a lighter when I bought it so I went to advanced and picked one up. It doesn't work at all, checked fuses and used a ohm meter to make sure it has power (It does). No luck so far! I would like to just replace the entire thing (Looks like moisture was in it or something) does anyone know how to pull out the old and put in a new? I can't seem to find info anywhere, thanks in advance for any and all help.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you checking for voltage at the terminals behind the lighter or the inside of the actual lighter? If you are testing from the inside it must be mistalligned or something (?) but thats pretty weird. Non conductive surface or something.

OP
OP
T

thepatriot76

Reaction score
I would like to figure out how to get the lighter out to check it, then I could go ahead and change it if I had to. I don't know where to start and I really don't want to start going in with a screwdriver and mess stuff up. I haven't seen a diagram of that anywhere. (I have never messed with lighters so I'm lost)

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by thepatriot76
I would like to figure out how to get the lighter out to check it, then I could go ahead and change it if I had to. I don't know where to start and I really don't want to start going in with a screwdriver and mess stuff up. I haven't seen a diagram of that anywhere. (I have never messed with lighters so I'm lost)

If its anything liek my wifes explorer the lighter housing simply screws out. Dont take my word for it but thats how i took hers out to check it and it ended up being bad so i bought a new one, stuck it in and then screwed it down (like a bolt) by hand and that was it.

I have been lucky so far to not have to take mine out lol so i dont really know if it has the same setup as the explorer or not.