Clunk from front CCD shock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natenogo

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with A CCD shock. When car sits for a day or two I'm getting a clunk from the left front when leaving driveway approach. It cont. to clunk over bumps in the street for about 1/2 mile and then goes away and does not com back until car sits.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Change the drive modes and see if ti changes. I'd think its more likely a sway bar bushing, end link, etc....

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Easy way to troubleshoot this.
Take off your front sway bar and drive it for a few days. If the sound goes away, there’s your answer. It won’t hurt it to drive without the sway bar.
It will drive mushier in the turns and rock back and forth like a LTD Brougham, but hey, throw a BeeGee’s 8-track in and go with it.

cmurphy2

Reaction score
Been here. Agree start with sway bar end link. Only OEM too. I Learned that the hard way. If you open your drivers door and use it like a lever to bounce vehicle a bit you can likely reproduce clicking sound from the sway bar end link. Then I would move to shocks. On my 3rd set of OEM shocks 72k miles but no CCD. Just OCD.

Reaction score
OP- Did you ever find a resolution? I have the same issue. Didn’t think there was much I could do as the sound can’t be replicated as it goes away shortly.