Coin holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it's where the pro trailer backup assist dial goes from the max tow package.

I thought so. 2018's having that option are as rare as hens teeth. During my 3-4 month search, I only ran across several. Pretty much a standard configuration on Gen3's, but not so on the Gen4's. Hopefully some aftermarket options will be offered to swap that space out for something useful.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought so. 2018's having that option are as rare as hens teeth. During my 3-4 month search, I only ran across several. Pretty much a standard configuration on Gen3's, but not so on the Gen4's. Hopefully some aftermarket options will be offered to swap that space out for something useful.

Yeah the coin holder makes me laugh. Couldn't they have done something even a little bit fancier with that spot? Haha.

Back when I was looking at used Expeditions I only ran across a few with the max tow package, so I totally know what you mean.

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I did....
I cut a piece from 1/4"black plastic that was a force fit into the coin holder hole, added double sided tape and attached a magnetic phone holder. Really made a nice OEM looking addition. Just to be clear the double sided tape helps secure the plastic insert. This model phone holder has a screw in the back that I used to fasten it to the insert.
IMG-5913.jpg

Vicious

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great. Does the mount just clip onto the coin holder ridges? Probably the best coin holder solution I’ve seen so far.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope you pop the holder out, drill a tiny hole, and then pop in a ball mount that comes with the purchase. It took me no more than 5 minutes!

yellowlight

Reaction score
I ordered the part waiting fo it to come in I’ll post before during And after pics if it’s the part I imagine it is

A phone holder would be much helpful. You can really see people prioritizing their phones first but back in the day we would want a coin holder for parking payment.