coin tray sliding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero4199

Reaction score
I just got a used 2019 and the coin tray, when full, slides left to right in the slightest of turns. Am I missing a part or some rubber strip? Might just throw a screw in it.

bigwilly

Reaction score
Nope. There's a number of ways to fix this. I ended up buying a set of these assorted black rubber bands and put one around each end. It blends in and no more annoying sliding.

Those are a good idea. Same thing drove me crazy on my F150. I went the super low budget route with a pair of small binder clips on the channel. It's been working well for me for 5 years so I haven't even thought about replacing them. In fact, I had pretty much forgotten about them until this thread popped up.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone else had posted about using rubber bands. I put a couple of tan ones on there and it fixed the problem but looked horrible, so I bought the black ones and haven't thought about them since.

PXL_20221210_200834297-XL.jpg

OP
OP
Z

Zero4199

Reaction score
Maybe a bit of liquid electrical tape on the bottom of the tray. I'll give that a shot

APExpo

Reaction score
I put some silicone on the underside of the tray where it slides. Works pretty well. I like the black rubber band idea though.

Last edited:

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Buy a 1/16" rubber one side sticky roll. Will fix the issue.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, just a warning, the smell that will come out of that bag of rubber bands will knock you over. Fortunately, a single rubber band, or two of them, don't stink on their own.