Has anyone seen or made a storage tray for this colossal waste of prime space? Also, Forscan the best way to disable auto stop start still?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yupitsnuge

Reaction score
IMG_2876.jpg
Ford finally got away from the giant shifter that was in the way but now all this prime hand space is taken up by a thing you'll use 2x every time you get in the car and things you may use a handful of times the entire time of ownership for most people. They'll also took away the small slot that was perfect for your phone, pens and some coins in favor of... nothing. I'd like to add a silicone or rubber tray here but not look like crap. Has anyone seen or made something that would fit there? I came out of a 2019 F150 that I disabled auto stop start with for scan and it was super easy, is it still the best way to disable it?

OP
OP
Y

yupitsnuge

Reaction score
Do you really want to clutter up every single square inch of the interior......?
This spot is about as "prime" of a spot as you're going to get in the truck. Your hand naturally falls right there so yes I absolutely want to put something here for my phone. That's why I made the post. My previous 19 F150 had a small tray in between the shifter and cups and it worked perfect to hold the phone and a pen. If you put the phone on the spot now it just flies off under your feet. I thought about the rubber draw mats but that would just look tacky.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 XLT had that little tray but the fancier versions of the expedition don't have that little tray. You could by the console top for the xlt and get that little slot. I also liked to put my phone in that slot.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a picture of what duneslider mentioned

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025-194341.png
    Screenshot_20231025-194341.png
    631.9 KB · Views: 39

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure why one would want easy access to their phone while driving, for both safety and moving violation reasons. Especially when there's a nice padded compartment for the phone that has wireless charging, USB ports, and you can access maps/phone/etc from CarPlay or Android on a nice big dash screen.