conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blwnl36

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys! Im waiting for my coilovers to come in and wanted to know if any on here can give me advice on how to shut the SERVICE AIR SUSPENSION message off on the dashboard. wanted to have this done that way when the coilovers come i can trow them in and be on my way. its an 03 expy. Thanks again.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Blwnl36, if you are doing both the front and rear setup, then I would just pop the computer from the dash and call it good. Not like you are going to be using it anyways.

OP
OP
B

Blwnl36

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THeirs a computer in the dashboard? lol . for the air suspension? just unplugg it and thats it?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Blwn36, yep. Doing this will also kill the air compressor so it will never kick on again too. The light is powered from the air ride computer. Sounds pretty simple until you go to remove the computer. It isn't in the most difficult spot, but plan on taking a little bit of time to make sure it gets removed.

OP
OP
B

Blwnl36

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thermo you are the man! I pulled the air compressor out of the truck. not to worry about that. But this computer is behind the radio? Pull the radio out and i should have access to the computer? sorry for all the questions. This is the reason were all here.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Blwnl36, I don't recall exactly where the computer is. That sounds about right though. You will have to look down inside the radio cavity as I recall. I am going from memory.

Granted, when I sit back and think about all the things that I used to know about this truck that I don't know, that is really scary.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea thermo needs his own section thats for sure. I dont think there is one question he can not answer about these trucks lol

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Just for clarification (I was under a misunerstanding), the removal of the computer to get rid of the "check suspension" light by removing the computer only works on the 97-02 X's. If you have an 03+ truck, the suspension computer talks directly to the instrument cluster via the CAN network, which requires you to go into the dealership and have them connect up their computer to disable the feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt