Cost of New Brake Pads and Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Just look at the poor saps in the waiting room of one of those chain places and you know what the deal is. At least that's how it is around here.

I recall going to get a tire plugged. Their "free bumper-to-bumper 90-point inspection report came back with a huge red "FAILED" stamp on it. Said I needed an alternator, battery and brake fluid power flush. Good bye.

Imagine the crap they would have installed?

Some people prefer to see the glass half full, others half empty.
Some people take the easy road. They always pay the price.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just look at the poor saps in the waiting room of one of those chain places and you know what the deal is. At least that's how it is around here.

I recall going to get a tire plugged. Their "free bumper-to-bumper 90-point inspection report came back with a huge red "FAILED" stamp on it. Said I needed an alternator, battery and brake fluid power flush. Good bye.

Imagine the crap they would have installed?

Some people take the easy road. They always pay the price.
If they are like one shop was around here, they would have cleaned up your parts and said they were changed.

new_to_towing

Reaction score
Some people come to this forum to answer the question asked by the OP and not to demean people who make choices that you do not approve. I don't see the dealership employees as thieves but simply people who have jobs and families like everyone else. And before I retired, a lot of them were customers of my business.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
powerstop is good...i've been using them since i put rims on my truck in 2010...i buy mine from ebay and that saves me a few more dollars then buying from their site. i have 26s so every 5yrs i replace...i bought the black rotors last time and they look good until the black comes off which i didnt know would happen. nevertheless i approve powerstop

think i paid under $200 for all 4 pads/rotors then paid maybe $200 for install

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is nobody going to talk about how Sexy the OP’s truck and color scheme is in the avatar? No? Ok I will. She’s pretty.

fothco

Reaction score
Hi - I trust that you know that inner pads are NOT interchangeable on /13 Expee Front brakes , with outer brake pads . Some F - 150's too . { we ruined new pads by reversing inner vs outer thinking they were the same as with most vehicles } .

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your arrogance is exceeded by only your presumption.

Try your best at understanding how the little people can work on their own cars while you pay $50 to enjoy a latte while the monkey fixes yours.

And you may refrain from quoting your wife to me, or you'll hear my take on that too.

You're repeatedly calling people saps and whatever else for paying to have their cars fixed, calling the mechanics monkeys, and it's someone ELSE who is arrogant? Wow.