Cost to R&R oils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
What is your guess the price is to have following job done.

Front diff oil
Rear diff oil
Transfer case oil
Tranny flush (not drain n fill)
Coolant flush.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I’ve gotten prices from 3 dealers all in the $850-$900 range. One even offered a loaner.
How low will they go?

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2014 but I would guess the prices are the same?
Had my transmission drain and fill done for $210 and Rear diff done for $116. Coolant flush was $109. All done at Goodyear - No issues. I expected to have to tell them not to flush the trans (based on what I learned on this forum), but before I could, the guy at Goodyear said you don't flush these, you just drain and fill them.
*Mine is two wheel drive.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I do have trust issues. I have a good indy but they’re good for certain things. I use the dealer when I need deep pockets to go after if they screw up.

I don’t trust the indy to flush my tranny. I’ve had it flushed several times at the dealerships and never a problem.

Now with all the damn changes to the fluids from Motorcraft I’m sure my indy will F something up.

Bilsto

Reaction score
I've been advised by numerous mechanics not to flush transmissions. I did it twice on Chrysler products, and both transmissions failed within 2 weeks. I'd just drain and fill.

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had front diff changed rear and transfer case all drained and filled $210. The coolant I had drained for around $90 but I never flush the transmission knowing it will probably mess up.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I’ve flushed my tranny many times. If your tranny is weak then you can damage it but mine benefits from getting all the old fluid out. Besides, every dealer I work with has no concern flushing trannies which is why they have the specific equipment.