Cruise Control recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So the cruise stopped working about two months ago ,so i checked all fuses ,all good.
Flashback too recall,remember about the jumper with the fuses that ford put in checked the fuses, all good . took jumper out of loop cruise works.
fords fix is failling, corrosion factor here

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could this be for 2nd gen as well? i have 2 issues...right now...will post in appropiate areas as soon as i get a chance

OP
OP
JUST4FUN

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but im goimg back to Ford to get it fixed.ASAP

The Pawnbroker

Reaction score
I just recently bought my truck. The old owner told me about the recall and told me he hadn't gotten it done. He didn't use cruise control so didn't really care. The electrical connector that attaches to the front of the master cylinder did catch on fire and just started to melt the front of the master cylinder when he pulled the plug off. So I'll be taking mine in also in the next few days to get it working again. I also have an open recall for "seat belts". Anyone know what that's about?

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to get that cruise control recall done to, been bull ******** about it, did not know it could catch fire.

The Pawnbroker

Reaction score
Yes It can. Mine did and if the old owner hadn't been so fast, it probably would have totaled the truck. I think I remember him saying there were some instructions in the recall letter showing how to disconnect a connector or pull a fuse or something to keep it from catching on fire. Honestly, you might not want to put it inside your garage if you have one until you get it fixed. Does anyone know if there were instructions on what to do until you could get it fixed?

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah I think I will park it outside till i get it done, I about to make an appointment now for it, i just looked at it and see the bare wire showing like the covering was cut away.

OP
OP
JUST4FUN

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to Ford today to talk to them, this is the first "fix" they have seen fail. and they are calling the main office to see how to proceede on this one. one guy said its over the
warranty of 12/12 and I said its your recall work that failed, we will see how it plays out.

OP
OP
JUST4FUN

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Recall was over in 2009 everyone is on there own.