Damn, The repairs doesn’t end!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
This year just did

4 cats plus pipes
Alternator
Starter
Battery
Front brakes

Now it’s the F’king upper control arms and one lower ball joint.

All the brands suck.
Ive got OE Motorcraft ball joints lasted 2 friggin years
The uppers are currently Moog.
The front shocks are weeping and those are the Monroe coil over also 2-3 years old.
They all suck!

Now I have to read till my eyeballs fall out figuring out what pos brand I’m going with.
Oh did I mention I’m going to need tires soon? Fuuuu!

Enough to go buy a friggin chevy.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I had the same frustration maintaining my 2000. The time comes that nobody makes quality replacement parts for a 20 year old car... Been burned by Moog lately also. It's very difficult.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I had the same frustration maintaining my 2000. The time comes that nobody makes quality replacement parts for a 20 year old car... Been burned by Moog lately also. It's very difficult.
What do you suggest?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
What do you suggest?
I bit the bullet and got rid of it. It earned its retirement. Soon after, it had a head gasket leak and the brake line above the tank rotted out. It was time to go. When something's no longer serviceable because good quality parts are no longer available, it become a classic and isn't capable of dependable service anymore.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I can get a decent set of parts for $250 w lifetime warranty so it’s worth it to me.

This rig just runs too good. All these parts are wearable parts

It’s also in great cosmetic shape.

Buying a used truck say $25k is still a used 100k-150k mile truck and I’d have to do all this crap again.

At this point I’ve replaced so many parts what else can..,.shhh.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I hope the "decent set of parts" you found serves you well. I just got fed up changing parts I had replaced six months earlier. Would have loved to keep it on the road, but back then I could find a 60K truck eight years newer for $10K. It was time.

The numbers have changed now, so it's probably worth enduring a bit more nonsense to save the money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni