Daytime Running Lights - Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralph Campano

Reaction score
Can Forscan be used to modify the lights so that the Daytime Running Lights come on automatically when the vehicle is started?

Any advice is appreciated.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can Forscan be used to modify the lights so that the Daytime Running Lights come on automatically when the vehicle is started?

Any advice is appreciated.

They should already, you just have to be in D not P...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2012 Limited and now have a 2017 Limited and I programmed them in the set up system to come on. It may be only allowed in certain models. Check your manual.

OP
OP
Ralph Campano

Ralph Campano

Reaction score
Thanks for the Replies. Apparently, I do not have DRL enabled on my vehicle. I tried putting it in drive with no luck.

I have ForScan, but am not that familiar. I checked the ForScan Forum and someone indicated I need to enable "Parklamps". Does anyone have the details on how this is done?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Ralph Campano

Ralph Campano

Reaction score
Found this from HavasuMike 5/5/2018

"Success!! For newbies like me, this is how I did it. This time, I did not use the "as built" BCM. I used the BCM without as built and everything came up in english. It said "daytime running lights" and "disabled". I just clicked on disabled and the options came up "enable". After selecting enable, the options for head lamps or fog lamps came up. I selected head lamps, saved (write) and everything worked. Besides the head lights, the parking lights are also on. I think I read somewhere that there is an option to turn them off. When you use the as built module, you get the codes where you change one byte at a time."

Now I have to try to see if I can hook up the ForScan.

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
I just did the same thing on my 08 LTD. There was only the option to "enable" or "disable", no choice between fog or headlights. Now they are enabled but it turns on ALL lights, parking and tail, with headlights at a dimmer setting.

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
Well, today I discovered that my DRL's are headlight only. All lights were on when I first enabled DRl but I saw the reflection in someone's tailgate and after checking, I found that only the headlights were on. Thought I'd update in case someone was in interested.

OP
OP
Ralph Campano

Ralph Campano

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Been looking into a ForScan solution with no luck. I have found info on how to change the coding language, but cannot figure out how the software works.