Discovered something neat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
superexpy

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a lock pin on mine too. My kids hurt them selves on it before so I use to leave it in the garage but some times I would need it to tow something and not have it so this way I always have it but cant see it and my shins are now safe!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i always have mine in. its a life saver. been hit a few times with it, and also hit a few things with it, usually fences that just popped up out of no where. i swear they werent there before i started to back up. i usually take it out before i go off roading but lately ive been too lazy to take it off. ive hit a few rocks with it, but its all good. i have a masterlock locking pin and have had no problems with it. im gonna keep it in on my new truck as well.

also in some states like Pennsylvania its illegal to drive with it in the hitch. so check your local state laws. i prefer to have mine in. had a friend driving his f350 get hit by a lady on her phone in her mercades. the police showed up and asked him to move his truck. he tipped the mercades radiator in 2. so im gonna keep mine in, shin pain and all.

IMG_4732_zps0673cf87.jpg

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine wont come out. I've tried over & over & over. It needs to because of limited parking in front of my house. I don't want to dent the boy's little gmc.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is probably rusted in place. We had that with a buddy who bought an old chevy pickup from a guy. We tied it to a tree and he took off at about 15mph. Pulled the receiver and tow bar right off... Still had the hitch stuck in it.

That being said, try heating the receiver, and PB Blasting it. Might get lucky and break it loose. I pull mine out and WD-40 it about once a month.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just get a torch and a BFH and hit from all four sides it will come out