Display audio track on gauge cluster screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jastevenson

Reaction score
I often have Carplay running Apple Maps on the main Sync screen, so I can’t see what song is playing without switching over to the audio tab of Sync, and then switching back again.

Is there a way to have the screen in the instrument cluster display audio information? There are various options that can be selected, but I can’t find one for audio information like track name and artist.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
U unfortunately, no you cant. I personally hope they change this soon.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
The 3rd gen can do this. Are you certain there isn’t an ‘entertainment’ or audio information screen?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope not in the new instrument cluster. The f series trucks and expy use a different screen than the other ford models. One of the better things they omitted from the third gens.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new interface in the new explorers retain this as well

Jay Dubs

Reaction score
My wife's 2018 Edge does this and my 2011 Explorer did it. Kind of silly they couldn't make this work.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally, I would prefer navigation turn by turn on the center dash cluster. That is just me, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeanne