Display audio track on gauge cluster screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can’t find the voice search anymore for Waze in carplay. It disappeared about a month ago. I’m on the most recent iOS and Waze version. Also Siri integration with Waze has stopped working. It is like they want you to type with your phone.

Voice search with Waze and carplay is working again after Waze updated earlier this week.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HAHAHA! They did. Sync 1 & 2 were Microsoft embedded Windows OS. Sync 3 uses an OS named QNX written by Balckberry(1 of the best of all time).

All the complaints about Sync 3, but it is STILL one of the best infotainment systems out there. There are better, BMW(But you have to pay a fee to use CarPlay). Ford takes to long for tweaks, but they do continue to update and make it better.

Bmw no longer charges for wireless carplay.

Land/range rovers interface as well as GM’s/chevys is at least as good if not better than Sync (more fisher price basic though for sure). Last gen MB was awful but apparently the new gen is much improved.

The weird limitations on the expy and Navi are shocking after never using it before. It’s too bad because it is really close to being a great system.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please give me an example of a weird limitation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1) Display in gauge cluster only displays audio track when using carplay
2) preset station list cannot have multiple sources.
3) Cannot navigate from one preset screen to the next via steering wheel controls
4) No wireless carplay
5) no weather app once you plug in phone
6) no ability to use native nav once carplay is activated
7) no ability to sync rear seat climate like you can passenger climate

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3) Cannot navigate from one preset screen to the next via steering wheel controls

On mine, I can press the “M” button on the steering wheel and it will cycle through the sources. This includes preset sets FM1,2,&3 and AM 1,&2. Then use the right and left arrow to go to the exact preset.