Distance Indication Feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cant get this to work on my 2018 Platinum. Any ideas? Changed 7 to B and nothing...Forscan gave me a checksum error but I hit yes anyway.

*Update: Duh. Got it going. I forgot to go in the settings on the dash and select distance indication under the pre-collision settings.

Not sure if I'll keep this enabled as it doesn't seem to work well. Maybe why it's disabled from the factory? I had the yellow color show up a couple of times after riding the ass of the car in front of me, but it doesn't seem very consistent. I tried it a few times from the same distance and the same speed, but the yellow color didn't show up unless I let off the gas pedal.

I need to test it out on the highway. I was only going about 45-50 mph on some smaller neighborhood roads for the above test.

Thanks for the tips on the Distance Indication Feature. I updated the settings in Forscan and just noticed your comment about also having to enable the feature under the pre-collision settings. I also added the temp values above the engine and transmission coolant gauges, which is a nice update. I'm so glad that Forscan can finally be used to update IPC settings. Still waiting if anyone can figure out how to change the default driving modes since I usually run in ECO and would like that to default upon startup.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips on the Distance Indication Feature. I updated the settings in Forscan and just noticed your comment about also having to enable the feature under the pre-collision settings. I also added the temp values above the engine and transmission coolant gauges, which is a nice update. I'm so glad that Forscan can finally be used to update IPC settings. Still waiting if anyone can figure out how to change the default driving modes since I usually run in ECO and would like that to default upon startup.

Great minds...

I made the same two changes yesterday to mine. I forgot about the setting in the pre-collision. I will need to go out and do that.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still waiting if anyone can figure out how to change the default driving modes since I usually run in ECO and would like that to default upon startup.

The driving mode for the 2wd’s is set via a button. I think some F150 solutions for default driving mode may work for that application. I’ll post a how to if I get something to work.

I suspect it will not work for the 4wd’s. I think the driving mode is set via CAN since the rotary dial works in either direction.