DIY 3.5 ltr Cat-Back Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen that one, that is just the resonator delete. That's what I have currently. I think we are in agreement that we want that throaty sound without the raspiness. Just have to figure out a way to get there. Might have to try a couple of different methods to get it to where I'd like it to be. That best one if heard is Jessie James's, but he doesn't say what he did to his.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Oh ok, gotcha now. Only thing I haven’t tried is like you said, the magnaflow with stock rear resonator. The MF by itself is just god awful raspy. However, SPD is making a kit for our 15-17s you may wanna check out. See below

I’ve heard a borla, MF, and custom exhaust system on 3 different 15-17s in person and they all sound very aggressive at startup and idle, but that’s where it ends. The second you get on it they just sound so cheap

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the Magnaflow cat back kit and love the way it sounds now. Not obnoxious but definitely has a growl.
Kit isn’t cheap but it’s some nice mandrel bent stainless. Almost to pretty to put under the truck.

Greg G
Can we get a sound clip please? I’ve been looking at this kit