Does 4x8 Plywood/Drywall Fit in the back of a 2022?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it will fit, but the front seats will have to be very far forward making driving very uncomfortable.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everytime I load ours for vacation or whatever I always wish I had an EL or Max. Never once have I thought I'm glad this is a foot shorter instead.

I have hauled 4x8 foam sheets in a 2008 Armada and my EB though, for some reason I feel like the Armada had an inch or two more space behid the seats than my 03.
This is because ford pushed the seats back in the 3rd and 4th gen.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is because ford pushed the seats back in the 3rd and 4th gen.
Which is a boon for any passengers, and while I don't carry passengers often (or 4x8 plywood), when I do, I'd like them to feel comfortable. Getting into the back seat of a Suburban was just plain embarrassing.

muttd4h

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2017 EL Limited. The biggest reason I traded in a Lexus was I wanted to haul wood. I am trying to start making furniture and big box stores don't usually have the quality of what I need. I know some folks are happy to rent or buy a trailer to do it and thats cool. My biggest plus is that since I can shut the tailgate, I don't have to worry about weather. The places I buy my plywood and hardwood are all at least 50 miles away. So I can go load up, take the wife to lunch and not worry about my payload getting ruined. And as another user mentioned, I also would not consider 20 sheets in one trip. 10 is usually my max. I am 6' tall and I don't have any issues with the seat all the way back with a load.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plywood and drywall are the exact dimensions to fit in the back of our 2019Max and close the hatch. I’ve never carried more than 4 at a time but more shouldn’t be a issue. I can’t see that the dimensions behind the back seat are any different in the 2022 max.

Jerald Cook

Reaction score
I've also hauled quite a bit of pavers in the hatch - anyone know what the safe interior payload limit is?
Payload can very quite a bit depending on your trim level, 2X4 vs 4x4, etc. The payload on my 2020 XLT Max is 1785 lbs. There is a thread on the forum dedicated to this question if you wanted to look for a specific build.