Does Sync 4 offer personal profiles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hadn't bothered to check for profiles on the Sync 4 screen, but keep in mind that driver numbers associated with the button on the door or the keyfob that you've matched still apply, and most of the settings in the Sync 4 screen apply. This screwed me up yesterday when I forced the running boards to stay deployed in order to go through the carwash. Except, I applied my driver number after making the change, so, of course, my running boards were in auto during the carwash, and didn't get cleaned.

I never actually use the feature of my Mach E, but I think the same thing applies. I just hit the door button to switch to my profile after my wife uses the car. I think PaaK is supposed to do this automatically, though, so maybe that's broken.

On the expedition the door number recalls the seat and wheel settings. Not the sync 4 settings.
I.e. my wife is #2, if she presses it my radio presets are still there.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the expedition the door number recalls the seat and wheel settings. Not the sync 4 settings.
I.e. my wife is #2, if she presses it my radio presets are still there.
I didn't check the radio presets, but it definitely affected my running board deployment. I'll see what other settings (temperature units, etc.) change. Time. I need time. ;-)

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't check the radio presets, but it definitely affected my running board deployment. I'll see what other settings (temperature units, etc.) change. Time. I need time. ;-)
Let me know if the running board deployment is consistent bc I found mine have a mind of their own at times.