Does the ODB2 output transmission temp info - Gen I Expedition??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjhoward84

Reaction score
Wondering if there is a way to read the trans temps from the ODB2 port on a Gen I (1999) expedition. I have an external trans temp gauge on my A-pillar but it would be nice to get another data point to check how accurate my aftermarket gauge and temp sensor is.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder as well but rather doubt it. Reason is I'm not sure if even the 3rd gen outputs trans temp. I have a Bluetooth adapter and the torque app and was trying to find it the other day on my 2012, and couldn't figure out how to make it work.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an UltraGauge for my 2000 and had them program it to display transmission temp.

Then when I sold my 2000 and put the UltraGauge in my 2014, I had to work with them to figure out the code to display it.

So yes, it works on both.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder as well but rather doubt it. Reason is I'm not sure if even the 3rd gen outputs trans temp. I have a Bluetooth adapter and the torque app and was trying to find it the other day on my 2012, and couldn't figure out how to make it work.

3rd gen does.

tekrsq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 1st gen will certainly display trans temp. I have an XCT hooked up to mine, as well as an A pillar gauge routed to the pan. I like having the 2 gauges because it lets me know what temp the trans is operating at, as well as if it's being transferred to the pan oil. As long as my pan oil is cooler than the operating temp, I'm good. I've thought about routing the pillar gauge to the test port on the driver side, to compare those 2, but I'm monitoring the things I want to. So haven't really been a hurry to screw with it.

mhg1

Reaction score
Kind of late to the thread. I have an XCT on my 06 and it shows the trans temp.
Mike

OP
OP
Tjhoward84

Tjhoward84

Reaction score
The 1st gen will certainly display trans temp. I have an XCT hooked up to mine, as well as an A pillar gauge routed to the pan. I like having the 2 gauges because it lets me know what temp the trans is operating at, as well as if it's being transferred to the pan oil. As long as my pan oil is cooler than the operating temp, I'm good. I've thought about routing the pillar gauge to the test port on the driver side, to compare those 2, but I'm monitoring the things I want to. So haven't really been a hurry to screw with it.
Do you have a link to the XCT? I have the A-pillar gauge monitoring trans temp too. I think my gauge is hooked to the test port on the drivers side. What do you have your XCT hooked to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis