Dont get distracted!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While working on your car…
Funny story actually. Finally had the time to get some needed work done on the Expy. She got a new SVT Lightning radiator, which is significantly larger than a stock Expedition radiator. Also added a Lincoln Navigator water pump, and a 180* t-stat. She got all new fluids (Mobil 1) in the differential, the crank case, and the trans. While I did that I changed the spark plugs as well. Now heres where the funny portion begins… While is was pulling the old plugs out and putting in the new ones I was talking to a buddy who was there helping me out at the same time. We get it put all back together, and bolted up, then go to start her up. **POP** and then there is smoke. I turned her off really quickly. I could not tell where it was coming from. I was stunned too. I figured out of everything we did, that area was the least likely place to have problems. They're just spark plugs, right!? Until you realize you forgot to put one in all together… It wasn't funny at the time, but now that its been corrected its kinda funny… A word of advice, just don't get distracted while you're working on your car.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate when i forget something. one time i forgot to put a rag under the oil inlet. and it got EVERYWHERE! so when i was done i started her up so it could burn off. omg so much smoke! haha it smelled so bad. im glad my belt isnt all jacked up.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When working on my truck, I always have someone there with me. Usually its so i don't get bored, but sometimes to help. When I was installing my bull bar, I was laying under the truck tightening the bolts with an adjustable wrench and I was talking away with my friend, when I moved to the next bolt on the line up, I didnt notice the wrench loosened a bit and I went to pull it as tight as possible and it slipped off the bolt and I hit myself in the face. It hurt. and left a bruise below my eye that did'nt go away for a week.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really hate adjustable wrenches. I dont need help stripping out a bolt. Hell i usually torque till it snaps anyway.:mad:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really hate adjustable wrenches. I dont need help stripping out a bolt. Hell i usually torque till it snaps anyway.:mad:

my dad does that! i will make it tight or to specs and hes like if tight is good then broken is better!