Door locks not rising

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I unlock my doors they are very sluggish rising, either by keyless remote or the button inside. The door panel isn't pressing against them to slow them down. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Thank You!

OP
OP
T

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All of them, the back ones are iffy, they come up and go down when they want to.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Probably your lock acuators. I just replaced 2 of em. I think it is a very common problem with our beasts. Mine would make a real 'farting sound' when trying to lock or unlock, and then the just up and quit all together.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
T

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My lock actuators you say? Alright, this should be something I can go to the junkyard for, pull out and put in mine. I'll look into how to taking them out, or if you have a how to guide online you can point me to, I would be very thankful. Thanks for posting that!

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
You'll probably need a heavy duty rivet gun, depending on the year you have. Mine is a 98, and they were rivetted.

OP
OP
T

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is a 00, I really hate rivets, I had to replace the window motor on the pass side, so I have an idea on what I'm dealing with, but boy they are a pain.