Doors rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pumpercaptain

Reaction score
Hi,

We have a 2010 Limited Exp and it is going back to the dealer tomorrow for the 3rd. time. Rear doors are rubbing the paint off of the body in a few places. Hate to seem so "picky" but I am very particular with my vehicles and $50 grand vehicles shouldn't "rub paint off" and no matter how big an area, setting one up for rust or corrosion. Have read on the web that Ford outsources most of their paint jobs and the paint does not meet the mil spec as far as depth.

They supposedly adjusted and painted twice... owner says if doors are adjusted anymore could leak and get wind noise... Ford Rep is meeting us tomorrow to "look" at it.

If I understand the "lemon law" in Indiana, after the 4th try to fix the same problem you are entitled to another vehilce or a refund... of course I am not holding my breath for that!

Also, have noticed paint bubbling on the inside of rear doors, hood, and liftgate mostly around the pinchwelds and factory holes in the hood. Is this the corrosion everyone is speaking of all over the web???

Just trying to get my ducks lined up when I meet with these people...

Tks!

PC

Last edited:

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No but there has been problems with the hood and liftgate. As a matter of fact search on here bc I know there is a thread about it. Also check your roof where in the channel vents are. That is where the corrosion occurs. I had mine taken care of through warranty.

Here found it
http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=11740

Last edited: