Dreaded #4 cly misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Change plugs and coils.... All of them not just the one

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends where it's leaking. IIRC, the typical leak over number 4 is the heater hose, which would require new fittings, or hose, or heater core.

I think I have a slow leak. I've been putting water in the coolant to keep it up to the line every 3-4 weeks..

I'm changing out the spark plugs & cops this week but probably should find that leak... Does coolant slowly evaporate over time if I'm putting water in there?

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to Pep Boys, autozone, advance, whatever, and rent/borrow the pressure tester. When I did it, I also had to borrow the threaded adapter kit to attach to the degas bottle (reservoir). While you're there, just get the $5 cap. (That's what was wrong with mine - it would not hold one pound of pressure.)

Pressurize the system to no more than 16 pounds, and a) see if it holds pressure, and b) if it is leaking, hopefully pin point the leak.