Dream Truck/SUV...Mix & Match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know the expy/navi is alotta ppls dream suv, but If you could make your dream truck or suv, how would make it? By taking parts and qualities from other makes, what would you do? For me, i think this is what id do:

Take the body of the cx9 and blow it up a bit amd give it rwd proportions. Then id Take the interior/seats of the volvo xc90 but pkg the interior like the current expy. I would sit the chassis on a fused frame like the mb gls frame, give it 4 corner independent air suspension and put the bmw v8/trans underneath. I would have it tuned to pull like an expy max, ride and accelerate similar to an x7, give it enclave or x7 quietness, put in the cadillac ct6 sound system, and use the uconnect ui. There may b some changes here in their but i thought it be fun to think about it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be totally bad*ss to have a Navigator with a big throaty engine and to see a sexy V8 intake when you pop the hood. I’d take the Lincoln Navigator, leave most of it be but redesign the rear to look more like a Yukon or Tahoe. Put in the new heavy duty Ford 7.3L V8 engine in a higher output with direct injection and the new 10 speed transmission. I like the interior but I’d probably have the ugly tablet thing removed from the middle in favor of a more streamlined design. Also would like fancy analog gauges to replace the lcd screen. Beyond that keep the interior and tech the same.

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Long wheel based 100 series Land Cruiser.
Same motor, same transmission, no automatic height control.
Rubber floors no carpet, neoprene seats, very minimal electronics with a standard double din head unit with 8 speakers (2) dash, (4) door, (2) 3rd row, with a high mounted backup camera, and no HVAC combined in the stereo system.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm easy. Current Expedition with a PHEV power train and 40 to 50 miles of electric range. Really just want more mpg for around town. And maybe active roll and air suspension for better handling at speed.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like a Mercedes GL enlarged to Expedition Max proportions. Still needs to have air suspension, low range 4x4 and be super quiet for highway cruising. Maybe a twin turbo V12 option from the S600. Oh, and at the current $70k-$80k price point as long as I'm dreaming. I traded in my 2007 S550 4matic on the Expy, and some days I miss that car. It had laminated glass in the entire vehicle (much thicker than the Expy laminated glass), and was VERY quiet cruising on the highway. Definitely snapped your head back and pushed you into the seat with more authority than the Expy as well.