Edmunds Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove a Grand Wagoneer. Very nice ride, super fast, faster than any Expedition, panoramic mirrors and so much more. But it was $105,000.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the lower end, and they are still cheaper than an Escalade not even considering the v

JessOTR

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about all the "buttons"on a screen? I'm a techy usually but I don't like it in a vehicle. I feel like I am able to find buttons and knobs by touch, not taking my eyes off the road, but you have to look at a screen.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t change settings enough for it to be a big issue. The main ones I need to use are there on the main screen.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The biggest take away for me was that Jeep followed GM with Air-ride availability. Interesting, since Ford offered 4 wheel air ride on Gen 1 and Gen 2, tried a lame load leveling rear axle only air ride on Gen 3 only to walk away from it entirely after it being an offering on Lincoln's, pickups and SUV's for decades. I loved the air ride (and the double wishbone rear) on the Gen 2's. It was a huge selling point over GM at the time, and now the roles are reversed. Ford needs to bring it back along with a better rear suspension, depriving us of both for nearly 20 years should be long enough...Just saying.

Ford is looking to use the Hybrid as a distinguishing feature soon; but, having rolled under my F150 PowerBoost and my 10" shorter Expedition MAX. They have quite the challenge to package everything it takes for a hybrid in the smaller, shorter Expedition chassis.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about all the "buttons"on a screen? I'm a techy usually but I don't like it in a vehicle. I feel like I am able to find buttons and knobs by touch, not taking my eyes off the road, but you have to look at a s
I feel as though it's a cost cutting measure. I know some vehicles went crazy with the proliferation of buttons (Audi), but basic functions, like temp, volume, and wipers, etc. should have tactile interaction. My I-Pace does a reasonable job of integrating screens and touch controls. Volume and temp can be controlled with knobs, while more detailed controls like zones, recirc, etc and through the screen. It works reasonably well. I'm not a fan of the Scandinavian minimalist aesthetic. Textures, colors, shapes...those things add richness to vehicle interiors.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The biggest take away for me was that Jeep followed GM with Air-ride availability. Interesting, since Ford offered 4 wheel air ride on Gen 1 and Gen 2, tried a lame load leveling rear axle only air ride on Gen 3 only to walk away from it entirely after it being an offering on Lincoln's, pickups and SUV's for decades. I loved the air ride (and the double wishbone rear) on the Gen 2's. It was a huge selling point over GM at the time, and now the roles are reversed. Ford needs to bring it back along with a better rear suspension, depriving us of both for nearly 20 years should be long enough...Just saying

I still think the 2nd gen pseudo refresh was the best Ford ever done with this chassis. It was nimble feeling, agile, controlled but still rode top of the class. The chassis even felt more tied together with less vibrations and more solid tank like feeling. I do appreciate the comfort for and lincoln baked in woth the 3rd gens though. The air suspended expy and nav was def the most comfort oriented 3 row suv on the market, until atleast the redone lx570 came out a year later lol.