New TSB for CDF drum, 10R60/10R80/10R80 MHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimberExpy

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Oops, guess this isn't a new TSB after all... and I'm not sure how to delete this post. Although Flying Wrenches' YouTube post is new, others were talking about this TSB earlier last year:

So the TSB Mason's referring to here is in fact TSB 23-2250:

Although we've not had any issues (yet?) on our '22 Timberline, I'm always worried about this 10R80 based on other's stories and posts in this forum and others.

Last edited:

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Oops, guess this isn't a new TSB after all... and I'm not sure how to delete this post. Although Flying Wrenches' YouTube post is new, others were talking about this TSB earlier last year:

So the TSB Mason's referring to here is in fact TSB 23-2250:

Although we've not had any issues (yet?) on our '22 Timberline, I'm always worried about this 10R80 based on other's stories and posts in this forum and others.

No worries, pls. You will have the same symptoms eventually. lol. I even feel harsh engagement from gear 5 to 3 or 4 to 3 when the tranny downshifts on my brand new 2024 expedition. Putting drive train into 4A model can mitigate the harsh feeling, though.

OP
OP
TimberExpy

TimberExpy

Reaction score
No worries, pls. You will have the same symptoms eventually. lol. I even feel harsh engagement from gear 5 to 3 or 4 to 3 when the tranny downshifts on my brand new 2024 expedition. Putting drive train into 4A model can mitigate the harsh feeling, though.

Wow, even on a '24, huh?

OP
OP
TimberExpy

TimberExpy

Reaction score

So, if I'm going to have the same symptoms eventually, is there anything I can do now while I'm still under warranty? The only real issue I've had with the transmission is the clunking it does when going into gear on an incline. To mitigate this, I engage the parking brake when I'm parking on an incline. Otherwise the tranny hasn't given me any real problem.

But I certainly don't want to be "all good" during the warranty period, and then have something go to crap when the warranty has ended. I don't have an extended warranty.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, if I'm going to have the same symptoms eventually, is there anything I can do now while I'm still under warranty? The only real issue I've had with the transmission is the clunking it does when going into gear on an incline. To mitigate this, I engage the parking brake when I'm parking on an incline. Otherwise the tranny hasn't given me any real problem.

But I certainly don't want to be "all good" during the warranty period, and then have something go to crap when the warranty has ended. I don't have an extended warranty.

You may ask dealership to check if there is any error code on the transmission. If there is none, I doubt there is anything else you could do. By the way, isn't it great if you feel nothing seriously wrong with the transmission?

20Expy

Reaction score

SAME!!! When shifting between P or R or D on an incline, my 2020 would clunk which completely burned my mechanical sympathy. The only thing is my powertrain warranty expires in less than a year...
Don't know if I should bring it in. I have another thread asking about this: https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...ed-do-they-all-do-the-occasional-clunk.55175/

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SAME!!! When shifting between P or R or D on an incline, my 2020 would clunk which completely burned my mechanical sympathy. The only thing is my powertrain warranty expires in less than a year...
Don't know if I should bring it in. I have another thread asking about this: https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...ed-do-they-all-do-the-occasional-clunk.55175/

Your post reminds me I did feel the clunk several times when shifting from P to R on my driveway. And my driveway is an inclined surface. But it's been a while since the last time I felt the clunk. (model year 2024)

APCO_P25

Reaction score
This happens with every automatic transmission if the vehicle is parked incorrectly. In the photo you can see how the parking position of the automatic transmission prevents the vehicle from rolling away.
The correct way to park a vehicle in an incline is to stop in D or R, stay on the brake, activate the parking brake, slowly take your foot off the brake and only then set the automatic transmission to the P position. This way, the entire weight of the vehicle is not on the pawl (#10 in the Picture). To drive away again, stand on the foot brake, switch the automatic from P to D or R and only then release the parking brake.
This way, your automatic transmission will remain undamaged for a long time

Attachments

• parksperre.jpg
    parksperre.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 17