Electric Fans Power Supply

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donl

Reaction score
Wasn't sure to post this here or electrical but since the mod is performance oriented, thought this the best place but, if not, move it.

Just curious from those that have installed electrical rans, what was their choice for ignition/key on power supply to the fans? Vehicle is a 2003 4.6L Expy.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't remember where I got power for mine. Some switched fuse in the underhood fuse box.

OP
OP
donl

donl

Reaction score
Don't remember where I got power for mine. Some switched fuse in the underhood fuse box.

Thanks, I can find the fuse. How do you like change? What fans did you use? Looking at a Flex-A-Lite kit; mixed reviews, some complaints about the attachment of the fan blades to the arm but most reviews were positive.:shrug:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Flex-a-lite kit. I like it. No improvement in MPGs, but throttle is more responsive. Mine will run after the ignition is shut off on occasion- that has drawn some curious looks from those that know it shouldn’t have fans running after shutdown. Frees up a ton of room in front of the engine.