Electric running boards won't go all the way up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From your first pic it looked like it was touching the frame. Crappy angle pic? That's on you, should have mentioned it and would have avoided about 65% of this thread.

A gap isnt normal, why it's there is the question. If it's not the hinge and nothing is bent there isnt much else aside from something gearing/motor related. If it works fine you either decide if the gap is acceptable on a 13yr old vehicle or start replacing very pricey components. Having the same running boards as you on our 03 I'd rock the gap, if they quit working I'll find replacements at a yard or just get fixed running boards. Dont really care about the power option myself, its cool, looks nice but in no way worth the $ to me or a potential future owner I'm sure to spend a grand or two for a novelty feature.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
From your first pic it looked like it was touching the frame. Crappy angle pic? That's on you, should have mentioned it and would have avoided about 65% of this thread.

A gap isnt normal, why it's there is the question. If it's not the hinge and nothing is bent there isnt much else aside from something gearing/motor related. If it works fine you either decide if the gap is acceptable on a 13yr old vehicle or start replacing very pricey components. Having the same running boards as you on our 03 I'd rock the gap, if they quit working I'll find replacements at a yard or just get fixed running boards. Dont really care about the power option myself, its cool, looks nice but in no way worth the $ to me or a potential future owner I'm sure to spend a grand or two for a novelty feature.
This guy is senile we’ve been trying to deal with here. His truck is almost as old as he is. He won’t listen

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

On me? I never even noticed it until somebody mistakenly brought it up like all the dirt that wasn't there also. You could eat off these hinges.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This guy is senile we’ve been trying to deal with here. His truck is almost as old as he is. He won’t listen
And you are a naïve little punk..........little Bobby...lol. Neither one of you guys can figure out what the problem is so you just hurl rude remarks. Really immature.

Done with this thread, I figured nobody knew the answer but didn't expect anyone to make it look like it was my fault. Y'all ain't growed :shrug:

If you guys don't know the answer don't say anything, you don't have to get rude and come up with obvious stuff I already know about. I just thought maybe it was an easy fix that I wasn't aware of.

Last edited:

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
And you are a naïve little punk..........little Bobby...lol. Neither one of you guys can figure out what the problem is so you just hurl rude remarks. Really immature.

Done with this thread, I figured nobody knew the answer but didn't expect anyone to make it look like it was my fault. Y'all ain't growed :shrug:

If you guys don't know the answer don't say anything, you don't have to get rude and come up with obvious stuff I already know about. I just thought maybe it was an easy fix that I wasn't aware of.
The fix isn’t worth doing on a 13 year old truck. Is the motor/mechanism that is failing. Soon the gap will grow until one day the birds hang in the open position permanently. That gear box is 13 years old. Couple grand will fix it but is your truck even worth a couple grand?

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you lift the truck one inch? Either you didn't adjust the boards to make up for the lift, or you didn't get the 1" board lift kit when you did the truck lift? Nobody thought of that...

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fix isn’t worth doing on a 13 year old truck. Is the motor/mechanism that is failing. Soon the gap will grow until one day the birds hang in the open position permanently. That gear box is 13 years old. Couple grand will fix it but is your truck even worth a couple grand?
:emotions33:

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you lift the truck one inch? Either you didn't adjust the boards to make up for the lift, or you didn't get the 1" board lift kit when you did the truck lift? Nobody thought of that...
So there is an adjustment? The hinges fold flat so it's not the motors and they are both exactly the same front to back..........very strange and challenging. Again, they work perfectly and come to a hard stop but won't close the gap.