Electrical Driver feature errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Delaney

Reaction score
Hello, i am new the forum, but looking for some help. I have a 2018 XLT FX4 Expedition. The other day when starting the car every driver feature came up as an error. ABS, Hill Assist, Rear Back Up Sensors, Anti Collision, Seat positioning failed to move, Traction Control, .. In addition it felt like the power steering was not working. This lasted for 2 days. By the time I got the car in the errors where gone. The dealer can find nothing wrong with the car. Any thoughts are welcome.

Plati

Reaction score
Hello, i am new the forum, but looking for some help. I have a 2018 XLT FX4 Expedition. The other day when starting the car every driver feature came up as an error. ABS, Hill Assist, Rear Back Up Sensors, Anti Collision, Seat positioning failed to move, Traction Control, .. In addition it felt like the power steering was not working. This lasted for 2 days. By the time I got the car in the errors where gone. The dealer can find nothing wrong with the car. Any thoughts are welcome.
Everything is computer controlled these days, well almost everything. If the battery is low or there is a bad connection somewhere or the software has a glitch or etc etc then the "system" gets discombobulated and skeewacky. Fast forward to couple days later, maybe the battery has more juice or the bad connection got better or some computers rebooted and are running fresh software ...? Just a thought.

OP
OP
M

Mike Delaney

Reaction score
They did check the battery for exactly what you indicated above and it tested fine. My fear is the bad connection issue that seems like it will be a reoccurring problem until somehow they determine where the bad connection is.

Plati

Reaction score
They did check the battery for exactly what you indicated above and it tested fine. My fear is the bad connection issue that seems like it will be a reoccurring problem until somehow they determine where the bad connection is.
Well ... not saying its the battery/charging system BUT for discussion purposes ... they checked the battery when everything was working right. It may have been low on juice when things were bad? I had a marginal alternator once ... it worked ok unless headlight on then not enough amperage. Not saying its that either just an example.

I agree that ... there must have been a problem of some type and unless you just ran into a very odd software glitch, if its a "hardware" problem ... it will be back.

Last edited:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
we had some crazy issues on our 18 like you are describing that were traced to a loose ground connection in/behind the passenger kickpanel. there is a major grounding point there that had come loose. as soon as it was addressed we never had another issue.

OP
OP
M

Mike Delaney

Reaction score
The problem ended up being a broken ABS wire along the frame rail. Not sure how a wire breaks on along the frame rail, but after 6 days they found the problem and it is fixed!