Engine Hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to find out engine hours on these SUVs? I wanted to see how many hours my engine was running and could not find how to do it. I checked the owner's manual and it has a space for engine hours in the maintenance log, but does not tell you how to display them.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you go to the "Vehicle Info" menu in the instrument panel and then select "Engine Information", it will display total engine hours, and engine idle hours.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you go to the "Vehicle Info" menu in the instrument panel and then select "Engine Information", it will display total engine hours, and engine idle hours.
Very neat, I’m going to check this out!

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know how the idle hours are determined. Wonder if the transmission has to be in park, etc. Otherwise sitting in traffic would add to idle hours. If the transmission has to be in park, it would give a nice indication of how much remote start is being used.

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it also would be interested to see if engine hours don't count when ASS shuts off the engine.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Navigator does not have this option.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perhaps since Ford is planning the Expedition to be used for fleet customers more than the Navigator, they have included the engine hours and engine idle hours feature in the display. From page 117 of the Expedition manual:

Gauge View - Allows you to select between either Turbo Boost or Transmission Temp gauge.
• Tire Pressure - Shows the tire pressure. See Tire Pressure Monitoring System (page 359).
• Digital Speedometer - Shows a digital display of your vehicle speed.
• Engine Information - Shows engine hours, engine idle hours and oil temperature.
• Transmission Temp - Shows the transmission temperature value.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perhaps since Ford is planning the Expedition to be used for fleet customers more than the Navigator, they have included the engine hours and engine idle hours feature in the display. From page 117 of the Expedition manual:

Gauge View - Allows you to select between either Turbo Boost or Transmission Temp gauge.
• Tire Pressure - Shows the tire pressure. See Tire Pressure Monitoring System (page 359).
• Digital Speedometer - Shows a digital display of your vehicle speed.
• Engine Information - Shows engine hours, engine idle hours and oil temperature.
• Transmission Temp - Shows the transmission temperature value.

It is either part of the '18 platform or my '16 is too low of a tier at XLT. I wish I had Boost and some of the others...