Engine Quitting on 03 with DVD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I have an 03 expedition with about 5000 miles. Occasionally my engine will shut off while driving if I have the DVD player going, and the navigation system running as well. Is it an overload of some sort? It will not happen unless all those components are running.

OP
OP
G

2003 has left me stranded three times since July of 2003. When I go to get in the car, it won't start. There is a buzzing noise that seems to come from the glove compartment. When towed to a dealer, they fix a different electrical problem each time. Surely, there is something wrong with my electrical system. This is a 2003 with only 30,000 folks. Two out of the three times I was stranded at night with my two children. I am especially angry because my car was just towed again tonight with the same symptoms.

OP
OP
G

Is this an "A", "B" or "C" build vehicle? I'm curious if this is an early build vehicle.

I've got DVD, but no navigation and had no problems with driving while operating the DVD Player.