Exhaust manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
When I start this up after it has sat all night...I hear an exhaust leak....knowing that these are known for exhuast manifold and or gaskets...I see that they have a Header replacement for the manifolds...My question is...I know these will bolt to the engine...but are they a bolt up to the factory exhaust? Has anyone done this?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
shortys rnt worth it. for the trouble you go threw to put them in, since taking the old manifolds off is a joke. on mine most bolts had to be drilled and taped. and the performance that they give is slight to none.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
well mine was a California truck..hoping they all come out easy...just wanna do this once..

zets101

Reaction score
My manifolds are starting to leak too. I'm pretty sure all the bolts will break off and need to be drilled. One stud is already broken off from the previous owner :nono: . I'll be sticking to the exhaust manifolds because if it isn't a decent upgrade then I don't see it being worth the money.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
manifolds seem to be a common thing on these...im not so concerned about performance upgrade as much as I dont want to ever have to pay someone else to do this again! when I do it that is...

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
If one stud breaks you may be able to stop exhaust leak before gasket blows out if you drill out and re-tap that stud right away. If you wait long enough the gasket will blow out then it will leak even if you install new bolt. Then your stuck with removing the manifold and replacing gasket.

I waited too long to drill and re-tap mine. So while it was quiter it always tinged as the gasket had blown out. If you pull out fender wells you have fairly good access.

Fixed my exhaust leak recently though without any drilling or re-tapping. !!:pepper:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did gibson shorty headers they are a pain in the A$$ to install , mainly getting the old ones off. Although mine is in Canada with winter and salt for 6 months

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the manifolds were easy to get off as i have had studs break on both sides.. nothing to it but time

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Did you notice an increase in heat under the hood? I just had my new trans pan put on and I talked to guy about the headers and he said you gain nothing at all by doing it and all it does is create more heat under the hood??