exhaust options on an 04 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
im a bit new but thought id ask, hows the magnaflows on these? and am i reading this right that the expys have 2 sets of cats? would deleting one set of these hurt anything? im a f-body guy so trucks are a bit new to me lol just the 7300lbs vehilce weight freaked me out lol makes my firebird seem soo much lighter lol

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes they have 4 cats...2 on each side...i think only 1 person has done the cat delete and didnt have any probs...they wont do it here where im at

Reaction score
ah. so if you only delete one set of them they still will kick off a SES light? even with highflow replacments after the stock primarys? i havnt gotten a look under yet but how are the O2 sensors arranged? do the rears only read post catylist performance or do they do more? i am getting ride of that stock trash can under there though lol that thing is HUGE!! lol

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from my understanding it depends on where the 02 sensors are located...and im not sure if the rear sensors only read performance or how much is burned

buildingdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know on the 4.6 the O2 sensors are before and after the 1st pair of cats on both banks. So nothing is measured on the 2nd pair of Cats. But as many of you have seen. All 4 cats are required here in California... land of the air Nazis.

Expy530

Reaction score
I have an 04 expedition and after I do the gotts mod or install a CAI my next project will be the exhaust. What are ya'll running for exhausts - and how happy have you been with them? Anyone running duals (not sure if you can on an Expy or not - Im newto expeditions)...

I have a local custom exhaust shop that does good work so I'll probably go through them but just wanted to hear from others experiences.

Depending on price, and what I have for $$$, Im going to explore cat back systems, or a new system with a high flow cat. Id love to go with headers as well, but not sure if I have that much to spend...

I have the 40 series flow master with a resonator. Not super loud because of resonator but we travel to Mexico a lot and I don't wanna travel 11 hrs of a loud exhaust. And we have kids ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365365039.132987.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take the resonator off...its not that loud in the inside...theres a drone but your kids will be able to sleep through it...wont hear it if the radio is on either