exhaust options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of mufflers look into the SLP resonators. You cant get louder than that, trust me....

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take out all four cats and replace with 2 Magnaflow hi flows. That always seems to do the trick :)

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or straight pipe it. cant get any louder then that, but careful. not enough back pressure can do some damage.

gjhanson2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The flowmasters sound good on the old push-rod engines, but I think the modular Tritons sound better with Magnaflow's. I'm running a cat back true dual with an X pipe and dual 24" Magnaflow's. I decided to keep mine a little quieter but you can definitely hear it when I'm on the gas. If you want it loud you can get the 18" or even the 12" mufflers. They also make mufflers with internal x pipes so you don't have to run a seperate x and dual mufflers like me. The Magnaflow's have a great throaty sound at throttle, they don't have that tin can sound that I've heard out of a of of Flowmasters. And as for headers; they're actually going to make the truck a little quieter, not by much, but I noticed a difference.

gjhanson2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 16" bullet exhaust. i dont have the low rumble in the cab but outside i have it. and at around 1800 rpm is where i can set off car alarms as i drive by. i love doin it crusin around the city. only problem is that i live in San Diego. Ca smog sux! u have to have ur cats no header no this no that. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! had to get new manifold... not headers. had to keep the cats. idc im goin to stright pipe it just for sh*ts and giggles. but i like my muffler. and in tunnels at around 3500-4000 rpm i sound like a nascar car. i should record it one day. ive had someone ask me if i herd that noice in the tunnel. it sounded like a "nascar" that he couldnt see. i said u mean this and i reved. then took off. yes our trucks rnt the fasted with the low horse, but the torque is enough and we can kill chevys all day with their louder exhaust notes, dodges i have trouble with.

Hey, headers are legal in CA. I run a set of Gibson ceramic's and they're CARB legal. Came with the sticker to go on the door panel and everything.