Expedition Limited vs Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not me man... Im walking into that dealership, gonna tell them ‘aggiegrad05’ committed corporate espionage and forwarded the ‘Official Ford Expedition upgrade list’ against the wishes of the now exiled brochure producers. We will share this w the world!
Alright I laughed way more at that than I should have.

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
Im leasing a ltd 301. I ordered mine back in july, so i didnt get to test drive em before my order and by time i did mines was in production. The ccd is def a good bit softer than the std suspension, but they both ride extra good. You also feel the extra hp boost in the plat as well. You can run the eco with reg fuel, but to get the bump you need premium. The airbag cover isnt bad, the leather on the ateering wheel will make up for it, it feels great.

D4D738F6-408F-4C71-A08D-338872D4C560.png

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s just okay, the amazing thing is that I was obsessing over Denali but I was waiting to see what Ford was going to do. Now I think Fordnis better (except for the grill)
I love the platinum grille. Reminds me of my platinum explorer

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which one did you test drive? How did you like it?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that ford smartened up and brought the tachometer back instead of a fake screen one

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like that ford smartened up and brought the tachometer back instead of a fake screen one
what was wrong with the screen one? it works beautifully!! my explorer has it and it is one of the things i love. it is very quick and accurate. in fact, it is quicker and more accurate than a needle gauge.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what was wrong with the screen one? it works beautifully!! my explorer has it and it is one of the things i love. it is very quick and accurate. in fact, it is quicker and more accurate than a needle gauge.

Just doesn’t look cool or sharp like a tach, kind of..... Tacky. Plus they move too slow.

E5C76920-3A87-4C0C-AEC4-9DBB834E0236.png
1D8CBC48-E2AD-4CE5-B71C-EC7EE2932463.png

Last edited:

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the Limited w/302A over the Platinum for one reason, the Limited’s ebony interior carried the color up into the pillar trim and headliner and that was more important than the massage seats and all the other little aesthetically pleasing differences. I loved the massage seats in my previous vehicles and that is the one thing I wish it had that it doesn’t but I’d still buy the Limited again without reservation.