expedition model history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickingback99

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me the changes in model history of the expedition? I drive a 1999 EB. The other day I drove a 2001 XLT with 4x4 and it seemed much roomier on the inside. Are they the same interior size? Thanks.

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw an Expedition today(1999 eddie bauer) with AWD, 4H and 4L only. I thought all came with 2 W drives as well and what would be the difference with this model on the gas consumption?

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dont know what the differance would be but mine dont have 2 wheel drive option and i am getting 14 miles to the gallon in town and 18 on the highway and i got 86000 miles on mine and havent done the tune up on it yet or changed out the o2 sensors

2THWTR

Reaction score
The gen 1 Expedition was the same until 2003 when it was replaced with the current model. Possibly the seating configuration was different on the '01 you drove, or even just the color made it "look" more roomy. Other than the the '99 and '01 would be identical.