Expedition Shuts Off While Idling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Essdot757

Reaction score
I Have A 04 Expedition Nbx, I Recently Got My Truck Diagnosed And They Couldnt Give Me A Definite Answer To Why My Vehicle Was Cutting Off While Idling. As Long As My Vehicle Was In Motion It Was Fine But When I Came To A Stop Light It Would Rumble And Shut Off. I'd Start It Again And I'd Be Fine. This Would Happen No More Than Twice Within 10-15 mins.The Auto Shop Did A Fuel System Check And Checked For Vacuum Leaks. I Had Codes Come Up For O2 Sensor. They Also Said Those Were Fine. The Technician Suggested Changing The Mass Airflow Sensor Based Off Of Experience. MAF Are Expensive. I Need Helping Narrowing Down The Problem I Was Told It Could Be A Number Of Things And This Could Be A Costly Fix. Thanks In Advanced

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any strange other idle speed issues ? I was just wondering if it might be a dirty or sluggish idle air control valve. When you come to a stop after driving does the motor drop down to a very low idle ( <600 rpm ...) and then die ? Try cleaning the throttle body throat and butterfly, and the idle air control valve ( you can spray some foaming cleaner through the idle air intake tube .... )

product-power-foam.png
Amsoil's Power Foam is a great throttle body cleaner ....

OP
OP
E

Essdot757

Reaction score
Yes It Does Drop Down Like You Said, I Cant Recall The RPMs.From What I've Researched So Far I Could Just Clean The MAF Sensor And Be Ok. I Will Also Try This Thank You For Your Suggestions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1