Expy on 37’s!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where's the ladder? You know, to use that cabin on top, that with two people in it you've already exceeded the weight that roof can likely handle. Better hope you don't have a trim with a moonroof!

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where's the ladder? You know, to use that cabin on top, that with two people in it you've already exceeded the weight that roof can likely handle. Better hope you don't have a trim with a moonroof!

Like the platinum in the pictures!

OP
OP
Fozzy

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s a platinum, so it has a sunroof. I have not seen a static load limit published by Ford. If I wasn’t excited about the Gen5’s and planned on keeping mine a little longer I would probably cut mine up. Looks pretty mean for a soccer mom car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like the platinum in the pictures!

Exactly, with the moonroofs as fragile as the appear to be right now, seems to me like adding that much additional weight on top could certainly cause some unwanted flexing and possibly some frame damage. Not to mention without a ladder, climbing on a tire or seat. Then pulling yourself up seems like a nightmare.

I like the lifted look and the tires, but it's the same issue I see with so many "off-roaders" in CO that try to take a quad cab full size truck off road, even with massive long arm suspensions.... They usually get stuck on the tight turns and narrow tree lined roads. The wheelbase is just too much. But I guess desert roads and beaches are still off-roading technically.