Fault alerts after unplugging interior fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SublimeHiPpOs

Reaction score
I needed to unplug the main connector on the bottom of the interior fuse box while hardwiring a dash cam and radar detector (fuse 37 is right next to that big connector and I couldn't grip it even with the tool). I reconnected it and and heard an audible click when it snapped back into place. Now when I start the ignition I get several fault codes on the dash (parking brake, hill descent, etc.), as well as I got these notifications from the Ford Pass app. Do I need to reset the system somehow?
Screenshot_20211220-210731_Gmail.jpg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would clear the codes with a scan tool / Forscan or disconnect the battery and reset that way.

OP
OP
S

SublimeHiPpOs

Reaction score
I left the positive terminal disconnected for about 45 minutes, then hooked back up and went for a drive around the block. That seems to have cleared things up.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I left the positive terminal disconnected for about 45 minutes, then hooked back up and went for a drive around the block. That seems to have cleared things up.

When removing a vehicle’s battery terminal connectors (or just one) - it is best to remove the negative cable connector first, and re connect the negative cable connector last.

Tuck

Reaction score
Also check to make sure you don't have any bent pins on the connector from when you plugged it back in. If any were out of alignment and got bent down not completing the circuit you would get the communication faults.