Feeler- request for input, advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scexy

Reaction score
Lately, I've been looking at my fleet of cars and finding that I rarely drive many of them and that they're just sitting collecting dust and costing money to store, maintain, etc. I was wondering if there would be much of a market
for another older expedition. I really don't want to sell and I surely won't give it away but I was wanting to see what you guys would consider a reasonable asking price should I decide to sell...

I have a 2000 Expedition XLT 5.4L. 2wd. Stage II heads from (Modularheadshop PI heads)-- no more flying plugs! :), catback exhaust.
and a KB twin screw Supercharger + a few odds and ends from Stillen (who did install and tune and lowered the car with Belltech), also has new t-chains and guides and new a/c compressor, as well as new shocks and tires all the way around, complete book of recorded maintenance since new, receipts for much of the stuff, synthetic oil only...
Clean title, no rust
Exterior: White/grey accent
Interior: grey leather (3rd row seating)
Sunroof, power everything, nav, DVD, head rest tv's, system, Lightning rims, towing package, tinted glass, etc. (Loaded!!!)
102k miles - We almost never drive the truck and she stays out of the weather inside a shelter.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
scexy, unfortunately, unless you can find a motor head that doesn't want to spend the money to do what you have already done, you are only going to get but maybe $500 over what the KBB price is for trading in the truck. Right now big SUVs are not getting much. If you were buying, you could get a hell of a truck for cheap. Unfortunately, you are on the other side of that story.

I am not trying to sound like a horror story, but that is the short of the economy right now. The same thing is happening with all the high end luxury cars. Look at what you can get a BMW 3 series for in relation to what they were brand new. Very scary. I know I am looking at 3 year old Jags right now and they are about half of what there were new. That will probably be my next purchase when it comes to vehicles. Keeping an eye out for a 2011 XFR or XK (possibly XKR). Almost there in price for what I am willing to spend.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Pics? Dyno? video?

x2

Stock or built shortblock? Boost level?? What size KB?

You may consider selling the KB and swap someone with an eaton.. :)
It seems both the KB and whipple do well when advertised on Lightning rodder. Never last long....

OP
OP
S

scexy

Reaction score
Thanks for the input thus far. I guess I was correct in my thinking that there's not much of a market. I have a bunch of cars and they're starting to weigh me down and of course, if figures, that it's now that I'd consider selling.

I have never run the car on the dyno, I do not have any video of it, I do have some pics of the heads but haven't shot a decent pic in years... (I almost never drive it). We use it for big parts or long trips. That's about it.

The bottom end is stock, top end is built. Running on 8lbs of boost. Stillen folks set it and I have not touched it. I'm sure that there is a lot more potential in the car but I have not attempted to really do anything about it. I wouldn't part or swap the SC. There's no need. I have limited interest in going fast lately and the tuck has been paid for for a while so I don't need to sell.

I was just hoping that there might be a few "Expedition" fanatics that would see what sort of money was tied up into this beast and maybe be inclined to take it off my hands or point me in the right direction.

We really love this truck and have never really even considered selling till just the other day...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pics and video to show what you have and who knows...may get some offers

OP
OP
S

scexy

Reaction score
I don't have access to a decent video camera so a video is out but I can probably shoot some pics.

Really, I was more curious about value than getting offers. As I stated earlier, we really don't want to sell. If someone were to make me an offer I couldn't refuse it would be a different story but, that would be no where near blue book...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesnt have to be great...most ppl here use their phone

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I don't have access to a decent video camera so a video is out but I can probably shoot some pics.

Really, I was more curious about value than getting offers. As I stated earlier, we really don't want to sell. If someone were to make me an offer I couldn't refuse it would be a different story but, that would be no where near blue book...

Here is the most recent one I have seen sold.

1999 EXPEDITION LIGHTNING SWAPPED!! - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

Has lightning motor with built bottom end and injured tranny. Looks like he may have gotten $8,500 for it?!

I would say photos are essential for anyone to express interest!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scexy

Reaction score
I suppose $8500 isn't terrible with a broken trans... What does one cost to R&R? $2k? or more?

Ok I went out and looked the truck over. I noticed we've just turned 103k... yippee! I also have a new EGR installed, newer cross drilled and slotted brakes, fresh alignment, and some extra COPs with lifetime warranty and the receipt!
I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten but, you get the idea.

I don't have a fancy phone that does video- don't need the crazy payment- I spend enough as it is...

I did manage to take a few quick pics. Nothing fancy, truck hasn't been cleaned in a while as we've not driven her much lately. In the pics, the hood is not secured as I was going to shoot an engine pic.

Attachments

• truck pics and misc buick parts 008.jpg
    truck pics and misc buick parts 008.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 95
  • truck pics and misc buick parts 007.jpg
    truck pics and misc buick parts 007.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 92
  • truck pics and misc buick parts 005.jpg
    truck pics and misc buick parts 005.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 108
  • truck pics and misc buick parts 003.jpg
    truck pics and misc buick parts 003.jpg