First Time Exp Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcliff12

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just picked up my 1999 Eddie Bauer with 110k miles on it. Only ever had one owner before me and always had it serviced at the same dealership and ahead of schedule.
Already put an additional 1,000 driving it from Cleveland OH to Ann Arbor MI then down to Louisville KY.

x8E1UDe.jpg

ti2nL5t.jpg

pm0JYJ6.jpg

kwKkHIU.jpg

Interior was super clean. Guess that is what comes with have a single responsible owner.

zcPBPTb.jpg

iTkdXKO.jpg

Engine and overall frame is solid.

ayRJC9O.jpg

UGvUABw.jpg

As with any vehicle this old, it has a couple issues.
Stone chips all over the vehicle including on the glossy plastic portions. This will be fixed in the warmer weather.
A few rust bubbles are around the trim near bottom of the door.
WrCvK15.jpg

KG8ZnKR.jpg

Each door inner has some amount of rust along the bottom edge.
Picture below is the worst one (front passenger for those curious).
Still debating what to do with this, either get some metal work done or grind and patch. Anyone else had to deal with this?
CAYRvgd.jpg

Also, not sure if this is just ice or not, but strange bubbling under one of the window garnish on one of the rear doors.
27Y0nFZ.jpg

Looking forward to going through the forum and learning more about this vehicle from you all!

RHeun

Reaction score
Welcome. I'm new myself and the ford expedition is my first suv.:)

Ok that's a start, now introduce yourself....
Watch me..... Hi, I'm Robert and I'm an alcoholic..... Ooops wrong forum :signs6:
Well you get the picture :word:

Beagle

Reaction score
Intro

Hey, Im Alex, from western ny. Just bought a 2004 expedition xlt with 87000 miles. The previous owner just brought it up fom Florida, so it is a virgin to the western ny winter and the the tons of road salt that come along with our winters. It is nice to own a 10 year old vehicle without a speck of rust on it. Really super excited about the vehicle and this forum.