Fluids 07 new motor break in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpwhre

Reaction score
I know I'll have it finished today, reman 5.4 from powertrain products and rebuilt tranny from street smart. I have tranny and oil dipstick to bolt it, intake to put back on, houses and plugs, radiator and fan, alternator and ecu.

Powertrain instructions is no synthetic for first 5k miles, oil change at 500 and 5,000. No heavy loads, avoid highway driving for those first 5k.

Street smart sent full tranny with all sensors, full of fluid, and an extra 10 qts pennzoil platinum high mileage full synthetic. I called them and they informed me it was an install and go.

I live in Southern Arizona and it gets real hot here. Winters are short and March gets to 80-90 and it goes up from there.

I need advice on break in oil. Right now our over nights are in mid 40's but we will see some freezing temps. Any suggestion on my first 500 miles break in that will see these cold temps and then my next 5000 what I should use that will see these cold temps and then the coming summer?

Last summer I had a day of 118 at my house. Was not surprised.

BlackCoffee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I rebuilt last year, got 15K on the engine now. Same thing, since you're in Arizona, I would go with 30W oil for the break-in. I used 30W for 300 miles, changed oil and filter refilled with 30W for another 700M (total 1000), then went with 5-30 full synthetic. For cooling, I went with Valvoline Maxlife Universal Anti-Freeze.