Ford Design Engineers SUCK!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmeg

Reaction score
Expo problems

Wow! Sounds like a bad deal. I can't believe you ran into to lemons. I just had a 2000 totaled out on me. It had 195000 trouble free miles on it. It was getting skin cancer. I just bought a 2000 with 79000 on it. I just hope it works out as good as the first one.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think he's trying to say, - Fords not idiot proof ?

i read as he was just plain MAD with FORD and disgruntled...i may be wrong...but i've asked the question when i joined this site..."how are you guys having all these troubles?" i count my blessings that i have yet to run into all this stuff you guys are...

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do agree with what your saying. I have not had good luck out of my 2000 here lately. It only has 76000 on it and ive already had to replace a cracked manifold and most recently a cracked cylinder head. Yeah, it sucked but I dont know if i would chalk that up to Ford engineering or not. It may have been that way when I bought it or may have been something I did. Any vehicle will have problems eventually. Its a mechanical machine! If you dont want problems then walk everywhere lol. Im going to try to tough it out and just move on. I honestly dont need to spend the money for repairs like I had but when its running right, its a great truck and I really enjoy it.

ignorantmonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well...I purchased my first one: A used 2002 XLT which had 66K miles on it but later found the mileage was modified and after running the online record found out it actually has 115K.... I have dreamed of owning such truck for more than five years, so last November 2010 I finally got it. Besides some small details I have written about on here I am in love every day I drive it...I have drive it five times from a city to another 100 miles apart in and out without any single issue; on the contrary: I had to take off the foot from the pedal so i could slow down. So sad you have experienced all of these frustrations and issues.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
most of his problems were probably because he bought used from somebody who did not take care of the vehicle. either that or he bought it new and HE did not take care of the vehicle. either way, it wasnt ford engineering, it was lack of maintenance.

schmeg

Reaction score
Bad luck

I belong to a Harley forum, 2 snowmobile forums, and a pellet stove forum. They all have one thing in common. There are some on each one that have a miriad of problems for one reason or another. Just sayin,,,,,,as I knock on wood.

PS: yes, there is no replacement for preventative maintenance. Although some issues are just going to happen.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SORRY 2005eb

Sounds like you had a bit of trouble, but believe me there are worse ones out there. I worked for two of them for 14 years. Try having your car go up in flames becuase of cop failures that have been trouble for over a decade.

I did notice you had three posts. Two of them were positive. Possible name change i suppose.:confused:

OP
OP

2005eb

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies

:)Thank you for your replies and interest in mine. I am a trained mechanic and are well aware of preventative maintenance and the care for automobiles. Anything mechanical will break, but design is supposed to make improvements to an existing design, not make it worse. If you are a reader of this forum Fords poor designs are well documented throughout. Eight COP's, at the dealer $100.00 ea. That was a good one to leave you broke down on the highway at least four times. In 2005 they can't design a window that will go up and down with reliability, or ball joints in the '98 that last. This is well documented. And on, & on ----.... Congrats!!! to all that got a good "X" but there a lot of us on this forum that did not. The repairs cost too dam much! I really like the "X" to travel in but there is a limit. Shame on Ford. I have no ax to grind, this is just straight info to consider. I wish I was the only one with these problems.

Big Ford Daddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:)Thank you for your replies and interest in mine. I am a trained mechanic and are well aware of preventative maintenance and the care for automobiles. Anything mechanical will break, but design is supposed to make improvements to an existing design, not make it worse. If you are a reader of this forum Fords poor designs are well documented throughout. Eight COP's, at the dealer $100.00 ea. That was a good one to leave you broke down on the highway at least four times. In 2005 they can't design a window that will go up and down with reliability, or ball joints in the '98 that last. This is well documented. And on, & on ----.... Congrats!!! to all that got a good "X" but there a lot of us on this forum that did not. The repairs cost too dam much! I really like the "X" to travel in but there is a limit. Shame on Ford. I have no ax to grind, this is just straight info to consider. I wish I was the only one with these problems.

There are turds produced by every manufacturer. My last Chevy was bought brand new in 98. in 18,000 miles I had 2 blown motors, a bad throttle position sensor, and a blown out rear end. I traded it back in and took a loss just to get away from it!! :mad: