Ford ESP worth it? or 3rd party

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everytime I have needed to bring my expy to the Ford dealer for service I have had to wait weeks to get an appointment. I cant just bring it to the dealer(s) around me unless I make an appt which are booking out weeks...

My factory Powertrain warranty runs out in about 2000 miles and Im looking into extended service coverage. I am hesitant to go with a Ford ESP because, as I understand it you can only bring the vehicle to a Ford dealer ..but appt's are being booked out weeks on average. I think going with a different 3rd party extened warranty company ( Endurance, Car Shield etc) might be better because you can bring it to your personal mechanic shop that can see the vehicle alot sooner even next day..

If i have a misfire code,for example ,I dont want to be stuck not driving my suv for almost a month because Ford cant see me until then.......

Does it take anyone else forever to get a appt with Ford dealers? I see alot of people on here saying "just take it to the dealer" but thats not possible without an appt around my parts... Boston area.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see the problem with waiting but Fords warranties include a rental vehicle, can be used at every Ford dealer including ones in Mexico and Canada. 3rd party warranties can only be at certified shops which means some areas may not even have one, abd usually carry a deductible,

RANCHMAN

Reaction score
So I alwys buy the Ford ESP....BUT.....buy it from Flood Ford and it is MUCH less and the same warranty as this is a Ford ESP as well. Raptor Guy, you are 100% correct in your post about rental car is included.....but......It realy does not work that way at all as you will get every excuse in the world as they will NOT just give you a free rental. We don't have any vehicles to loan out right now, you must have an appointment and we are weeks out right now.....blah blah blah ano no rental. Raptor, you are correct, just not as easy as they make it sound. OP just plan on waiting weeks and leave your EXPY and just wait.....not many other options as even third party shops can't see you for a week or more. FLOOD FORD has the best ESP pricing!

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Ford's warranty>ANY warranty you can get. Ford dealers have the "in" with Ford on warranty stuff. There is no waiting for a "3rd party inspector" to come out at their leisure and inspect, etc.
A lot of folks aren't making it clear, their appts booked weeks or months out are because they're waiting for a loaner.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The added frustration and issues you will experience with a 3rd party completely negate any savings you may find. I would stick with the ford plans at this time.
Pricing is not the problem... The issue is that if we go with a Ford ESP it will take forever just for Ford to be able to look at the vehicle for a mechanical problem and you could be waiting weeks/months for a next available appt with my local Ford dealers and unable to have a vehicle for that time.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
What makes you think a random third party shop waiting on a 3rd party warranty company inspector will be any quicker? Seriously.
Also, read the fine print on those 3rd party warranties, especially what is covered and isn't as well as ancillary benefits. Ford's is just better. All around. Zero headache.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What makes you think a random third party shop waiting on a 3rd party warranty company inspector will be any quicker? Seriously.
Also, read the fine print on those 3rd party warranties, especially what is covered and isn't as well as ancillary benefits. Ford's is just better. All around. Zero headache.
does ford cover exhaust components like muffler, catalytic converters etc?

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford service advisor: " Kelly Ford how can I help you?"

Me: "Hello, My ford has a check engine light and the codes are for cylinder 1 & 3 misfire, Can I bring it in? I also have the Ford extended service plan"

Ford Service advisor: "We are booked out about a month sir and wont be able to look at it until then"

Me: screwed without vehicle for a month.