Ford F150 & Expedition Front Hub and Bearing Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steelnewfie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware.... If your driveshaft u-joints are bad or going bad, you will get some mysterious hums similar to bearings that are worn out. I replaced two bearings before figuring out it was the ujoint. I have an 06 4WD and one of the driveshaft u-joints was shot. Rides like it just came out of the factory now! And the part is fifteen bucks.

08T1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or in my case the hub was good but the front CV shaft bearing were shot. It sounded kinda like the rumble strip at speed. Gentle rumble.

Thanks OP.

SeanM

Reaction score
I replaced both front hub/bearing assemblies with abs sensors in an attempt to fix my advancetrac issues. I am stilling getting code C1122, faulty front left wheel speed sensor input voltage. My abs kicks on randomly under normal braking or even no braking at all. I believe either the new sensor is a bad, or the wiring further up past the sensor connector has an issue. Anyone else have any insight into this? I used mevotech parts.

Thanks,
Sean

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware.... If your driveshaft u-joints are bad or going bad, you will get some mysterious hums similar to bearings that are worn out. I replaced two bearings before figuring out it was the ujoint. I have an 06 4WD and one of the driveshaft u-joints was shot. Rides like it just came out of the factory now! And the part is fifteen bucks.

How tough was the replacement? I just replaced the hub and still have the humming sound.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mevotech is one of the cheapest parts that Rock auto sells. You obviously don't read our forum regularly. Cheap parts will give cheap results. They bolt up, but that's about it. I would replace with either a dealer part, or one of the top ones Rock auto sells. Mechanical and especially electrical items you can't scrimp. Sorry for the lecture, but I've tried the cheap route, it rarely works, you do the job twice, or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caddywumpus

Reaction score
Hello, I've got a "04 Eddie Bauer edition Expedition with 5.4L engine and 4x4. I've been searching the websites for hub assemblies and I've come across two similar motorcraft parts. Does anyone know the difference between Motorcraft Hub Assembly ending in 1104A and 1104B?

steelnewfie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Creef14 very easy job. Didn't do it myself but little labour required as the entire driveshaft does not have to be removed. An hour labour probably? I'm sure some of the guys on here would be able to give you the entire replacement procedure. If she is up on a ramp you should be able to check the play in the joints without dropping the shaft. As I understand it.

JoshA77

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this thread is for the front Hub and Bearing but does anyone know if the rear is a press in bearing?