Ford Key and Keyfob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make a replacement key/keyfob combination for our Expeditions?

It would sure be nice just to carry a key that had the fob built in rather than two things taking up room in my pocket.

eric_in_tx

Reaction score
No problem. I will more than likely invest in some as well in the future.

eric_in_tx

Reaction score
Andy you will need the model with the blank transponder key. They go for $45. The give instructions on how to program but state that you need 2 working keys. Otherwise you need to have Ford dealer do the programming. It is about $75.00 here for the programming. So figure $120.00. The $20 key boxes do not have built in transponder keys. The are regular metal. Do not work to actually start the vehicle.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And, there's always an and or but, make sure your key code that's on the back of your key fob matches the one you are buying. No match, no workey

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the one i bought. I got the pats to work so it starts the expy and continues to run. But since im having problem with the computer(error codes i cant get to clear) i cant get it into the program mode to program the remote.

Ford Replacement Keyless Remote Fob Flip Key Ignition Transponder Key Beeper | eBay

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I saw that one when I searched ebay the other night. If it was the only option I would have gone for it but since I had other options, I decided on the one that I posted. My daughter's '07 Fusion uses the same key. :smile:

I had a flip key when I had my 2003 Mercedes ML350 SUV, I really didn't like it much. It always felt bulky in my pocket, plus it always felt like the metal part of the key was loose when I turned the ignition switch.

I hope it works out the way you want it to once you get your computer issues resolved.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My keys showed up today. Tomorrow I'll go to the dealership to have the keys cut, then we'll find out if they can be programmed.

jymyqega.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free