Ford Key and Keyfob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric_in_tx

Reaction score
Andy let me know if those work and I will use the link to get 2 of those as well. I think I would actually prefer that over the switchblade style key anyways.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see if they work or not. Then again, my stock key fob doesn't bother me in the slightest

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan to go to the dealer tomorrow at lunch and I'll know by tomorrow after work if the do in fact work. I'll post the results.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why go to dealer, you can program them yourself

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone make a replacement key/keyfob combination for our Expeditions?

It would sure be nice just to carry a key that had the fob built in rather than two things taking up room in my pocket.

Hey ExpeditionAndy,

I want to pass along some info to you.

Vehicles key codes for ten model years and newer may be obtained from your dealership. For security reasons, this information can only be provided to you in person by visiting the dealership. Once at the dealership, you will be required to produce two pieces of information:

-Personal Identification such as a valid Driver's License or a state-issued picture I.D.

-The vehicle's documentation with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the name of the person seeking the key codes. Examples could include: a current Vehicle Registration, current Certificate of Automobile Insurance, Vehicle Title, or Bill of Sale.

Key codes for vehicles older than 10 model years are not available. If your local dealership is unable to duplicate your key, they may be able to recommend a reputable locksmith in your area to perform this service.

For more info, see here.

Hope this helps!

Todd

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Todd,

Actually I went to the dealership to have them cut the keys, that way I knew they would be cut right.

I have three programmed keys so I'll just follow the procedure in the owner's manual to program the new new keys and the fob end.

The dealer didn't charge me anything for cutting the keys. The keys operate the locks so tonight I'll program them.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, it's official those keys do work in the '05 Expedition. It programs just like the real key and the FOB end programmed as well. According to the selector on the page they work with a lot of other Expedition (years) and other Ford models.

Now if I could get two of the circle Ford logos that go on the back of the key they would look like the real deal.

So I now have the key that I wish Ford had supplied with these vehicles. :smile:

Now I have to order one for my daughter's '07 Fusion because it has an aftermarket remote starter and that took one of the original keys so she only has one key. (We bought it that way.)

Last edited:

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if you can make the "remote start" key work with an aftermarket remote start...?

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you can make the "remote start" key work with an aftermarket remote start...?

The woman that we bought the car from said she had the remote start put in and they needed one of the factory keys to make the remote start work I guess it needed the chip in the key to get past the security system.